Orangeburg Library is dedicated to providing the highest level of personal service and the greatest access to information. Throughout its rich history, Orangeburg Library has been forward-thinking in satisfying its patron’s needs, and is committed to continued responsiveness as it meets the ever-changing informational, program, and technological needs of library users of all ages, backgrounds, and interests.
5 Year Plan of Service 2021-2025
Connect to the community and actively seek collaborative opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts with literacy organizations in recruiting volunteers and students
- Create mutually beneficial alliances with the business community
- Work with the Friends of the Orangeburg Library Group to support the library’s long-term goals, coordinate fund raising efforts and to enhance the library resources
- Invite input to stay current with popular and common interests through surveys
- Collaborate with community groups
Improve internal operations with a customer service focus.
- Maintain adequate collection of media and print materials
- Ensure staff salaries and benefits are competitive
- Provide assistance to patrons with special needs
- Ongoing training for staff in customer service
- Provide staff with annual technology training, appropriate to their position, in order to address community needs
Provide excellent programs that are relevant to our community.
- Offer daytime programs for seniors
- Increase inter-generational programming
- Enhance adult education programs
- Enhance Teen programming
- Establish and maintain partnerships with educational or community organizations that enable the library to address the community’s needs
Evaluate and respond to space use needs for meetings, programs, equipment, and collections.
- Provide adaptable meeting place for community groups
- Provide easy and convenient book returns
- Provide secure wireless network for patrons and modify speed on an as needed basis
Celebrate the diversity and rich history of the area.
- Help community foster a sense of identity
- Collaborate with local historians and historical societies
Approved 1/27/2021 by Board of Trustees of the Orangeburg Library